The EU SME Centre in its role as Enterprise Europe Network (EEN) partner in North China is co-organising this conference on solid urban waste management in Rome, Italy.
Solid Urban Waste (SUW) management is a problem of utmost importance when addressing both scientific and social impact. Due to the growing trend of urbanization on a global scale, future forecasts are even more dramatic.
Scientific and technological research can – and must – give a decisive contribution to create a virtuous circle based on the so-called “3Rs” (Reduce, Re-use and Recycle).
These are the issues on which the XXI IUPAC – CHEMRAWN World Conference on Solid Urban Waste Management will focus. IUPAC is strongly committed to exploiting and promoting strategies for developed and developing countries on sustainable chemistry issues.
The aim of IUPAC Conference is to present a comprehensive perspective on the current challenges of Solid Urban Waste management and new directions for their exploitation, especially through a ‘from waste to resource’ approach.
The Conference will bring experts from the urbanized world together, as well as experts from developing countries, giving an opportunity not only to scientists from many disciplines, but also to other organizations, policy makers and groups involved in control and certification, to meet and discuss future trends and action required.
The Conference will be preceded by an Advanced Training Course focused on emerging biotechnology strategies to add value to wastes.
– FLUIDIZED BED REACTORS IN THE WASTE-TO-ENERGY CHAIN
By Piero Salatino – University of Naples “Federico II”, Naples, Italy
– MANUFACTURING OF NANOMATERIALS FROM BIO-WASTES AND PRODUCTION OF ECO-FRIENDLY BIONANOCOMPOSITES
By Sabu Thomas – Mahatma Gandhi University, Kottayam, India
– DIFFERENT PATHWAYS OF RESOURCE RECOVERY FROM ANAEROBIC DIGESTION OF ORGANIC RESIDUES
By Hélène Carrere, Florian Monlau, Cecilia Sambusiti, Abdellatif Barakat, Elena Ficara, Eric Trably
– CHEMISTRY LITERACY AS THE KEY TO PROMOTE GENERAL BETTER WASTE MANAGEMENT
By Liliana Mammino – University of Venda, South Africa
The B2B in XXI IUPAC Conference offers business contacts to industry, science and academic professionals who are looking for potential partners in Italy and other countries to ensure sustainable business development and growth.
*INFO AND REGISTRATION: www.b2match.eu/iupac2016
- Latest trends in Solid Urban Waste Management
- Short, sharp 20 minute meetings to foster effective networking
- Get to know key R&D players offering services to companies
- See an exhibition of successful examples of B2R&D co-operations
- Solid urban waste management
- Technologies and materials for reuse and recycle
- Environmental engineering
- Emerging biotechnologies for sustainable waste management
- Green Chemistry
- Chemical and materials
- Manufacturing of new materials from wastes and bio-wastes
- Materials recycling and transformation
- Renewable energy from urban wastes
For more information, please check the official website: http://www.iupac-rome2016.it/.
To sign up for this event, go to: http://www.iupac-rome2016.it/form/signup.php.