Acting as gateways to the Chinese market, trade fairs provide European SMEs with an effective marketing tool to use in their internationalisation campaigns. But to fully reap the benefits fairs have to offer, SMEs must be aware of the risks associated with exhibiting, such as an inadequate preparation for the event and poor follow up, an incomplete plan for IPR protection, or even the wrong selection of the exhibition to attend. Considering the efforts associated with participating in trade fairs in China, it is crucial that SMEs become aware of these risks and respond accordingly through the implementation of dedicated strategies.
As part of the programme of the European SME Pavilion that the EU SME Centre is organising for the upcoming China International Industry Fair (CIIF) in September 2021 (Shanghai), on Thursday 15 July at 16:00-17:00 (Beijing time) we will be hosting the webinar Get Ready for the Show | Preparation to Trade Fairs in China.
This interview-style webinar will offer a full step-by-step introduction to participation to trade fairs in China.
Our panalists will be sharing their insights and discuss the following:
- Secure your IP rights – before, during and after the fair
- The impact of COVID-19 on trade fair participation in China – what’s possible for companies in Europe
- Strategy on selection of fairs – methodology, factors for decision making
- Managing expectations – set your goals, prepare and maximise the outcomes
- Engaging with potential Chinese business partners
- Participation to CIIF with the EU SME Centre – benefits and ways to participate
You can find the recorded webinar on Youtube:
Read more about how to participate in CIIF here About the speakers:
Managing Director Horsten International
Founder and Managing director at LItao consultancy group
IP BUSINESS ADVISOR, CHINA IP SME HELPDESK
Bruno lhopiteau MANAGING DIRECTOR AT SIVECO CHINA
Read about how we supported companies at the two trade fairs: Interclean China 2021 in Beijing (April) and Aquatech China in Shanghai (June)
To learn more about how to get ready for Trade Fairs in China and what to consider, download our most recent guideline here.