The EU SME Center and the China- Britain Business Council (CBBC) invite you to join a unique “micro-MBA” workshop through participating in Celemi Decision Base – a comprehensive simulation for productive collaboration.
To develop a successful business in long-term, it is critical for employees to establish cross-functional cooperation and understand strategic decision-making.
What is Celemi Decision Base?
Celemi Decision Base is a “micro-MBA” training programme to help managers establish cross-functional cooperation in their organisation and understand how to make strategic decisions. In this training, you will have an opportunity to practice:
- Managing your own companies and compete for customers in a rapidly changing marketplace;
- Acting as employees from different departments, such as finance, production, marketing and corporate intelligence;
- Taking over a company, grow it with scarce resources, battle for positions and improve profitability—in good times and bad;
- Tackling dynamic business challenges involving analysis, strategic planning and execution.
Recommended for companies with the following issues
- silo thinking and lack of teamwork
- lack of financial knowledge and sense
- uncertain in decision-making
- increasing inventory
- unexpected competition
- invest now or later?
- go into all markets or just a few?
- borrow money or earn it first?
- be a leader or an early follower?
What key concepts will be covered?
- Market share and competition
- Profitability – EBIT, EBITDA
- Return on capital
- Cash flow
- Working capital
- Cost of capital
- Return on investments in markets, products and production
Who shall attend?
Managers, leaders and key co-workers who want to develop their strategic planning skills, analytical thinking, decision-making skills and financial acumen.
What participants will gain through the comprehensive simulation?
- functional expertise on how financial decisions impact overall business – and how business decisions are reflected financially.
- higher productivity through better teamwork and communication.
- deeper understanding on strategic and tactical initiatives.
- improved decision-making and problem-solving skills for optimal allocation of limited resources.
- increased responsiveness to customer needs.
- stronger business literacy and financial acumen.
08.45 – 09.00 Registration
09.00 – 10.30 Introduction to Decision Base & Run Year 1 Simulation
10.30 – 10.45 Coffee Break
10.45 – 11.15 Introduction to Year 2, Allocation of Roles
11.15 – 12.00 Team Strategic Planning
12.00 – 13.00 Lunch
13.00 – 14.30 Run Year 2 Simulation – Compare Business Results
14.30 – 15.15 Year 3 Introduction & Client Market Competition
15.15 – 15.30 Coffee Break
15.30 – 17.00 Run Year 3 – Financing, New Markets and Product Development
17.00 – 17.30 Debrief Year 3 & Strategic Plan for Year 4
17.30 End of workshop
How to Sign Up
Please register via email email@example.com
EU SMEs and intermediary organisations within the EU SME Centre’s network enjoy member price.
Early-bird Discount (Before Thursday 11 May)
Members: RMB 500 | Non-members: RMB 800
The course is limited to 20 places. Pre-event registration and payment are required. Registration is on a first come, first served basis.
Full price (After 11 May)
Members: RMB 800 | Non-members: RMB 1,100
Senior Consultant, Celemi Consulting (Shanghai) Co., Ltd.
Richard is a British Organisational Psychologist working for Celemi in Shanghai and is a Lead Facilitator of Celemi solutions.
Richard believes in interactive and fun learning experiences and he delivers learning solutions focusing on business acumen, leadership, project management, strategy implementation and organisational alignment.
Richard has been working in China since 2006 and is fluent in Mandarin Chinese.
Please email firstname.lastname@example.org to cancel your registration if you cannot attend. 97% of payment will be refunded if the cancellation is made on or before 11 May (inclusive). No refunds will be made after 11 May. If you fail to notify Britcham/CBBC, we regret that you will forfeit any fee paid.