Hosted by the Ministry of Industry and Information Technology (MIIT) and the People’s Government of Shandong Province, and organised by the People’s Government of Jinan and the Department of Industry and Information Technology of Shandong Province, the Sino-German (European) SME Communication & Cooperation Conference (SMEC) has been successfully held for six sessions since 2015. The SMEC has a profound impact on exchanges and cooperation between Chinese, German and other European SMEs, with an expansive scope covering all Europe. Fruitful results have been achieved in project matchmakings, industrial cooperation, exchanges in technology and other fields.
In order to continuously advance international exchanges and cooperation between SMEs from China, Germany and Europe, the 2023 SMEC themed “Support enterprises of all sizes in pursuing development through collaboration with each other” will take place on 21 and 22 September 2023 in Jinan. Representatives of the Ministry of Industry and Information Technology, Shandong provincial and Jinan municipal government will attend the conference for exchanges and discussions with local and international participants.
On the second day of the conference, the EU SME Centre and the European Union Chamber of China will hold the roundtable session “Current Situation of European Companies in China: Opportunities and Challenges” (see Agenda below).
Download the information brochures and full agenda:
Thursday 21 September
VIP Guests Welcoming
Participants: Leaders of the Ministry of Industry and Information Technology (MIIT), leaders of Shandong Provincial Government, International and Chinese VIP Guests
Participants: MIIT leaders, leaders of the CPC Shandong provincial committee and provincial government, international guests, VIP guests, officials of the various CPC municipal committees or governments
Friday 22 September
Sino-German (Euro) Cooperation Exhibition Visit
Moderator: Provincial Governor Zhou Naixiang.
1. Speeches by international and Chinese VIP-Guests
2. Launch ceremony of the Shandong-Baden-Württemberg Overseas Empowerment Center for Private SMEs
3. Release ceremony of Jinan Sino-German (Euro) Cooperation Plan 2.0
4. Signing ceremony of major investment cooperation projects between China, Germany and Europe
5. Signing ceremony for Sino-German (European) SME industry / supply chain cooperation projects
Keynote speeches by international and Chinese VIPs
1. Roundtable meeting on international smart sensors and Internet of Things development;
2. Roundtable meeting on carbon peak and carbon neutrality regarding constructions in urban and industrial fields;
3. Current situation of European companies in China: opportunities and challenges. Session organised by the EU SME Centre and the European Union Chamber of Commerce in China.
How to register
The European Chamber and EU SME Centre invite European SMEs to the 2023 SMEC with business, political and academic elites from all over China and Europe. All travel costs, including from Europe to China, will be covered by the organising committee (train/airplane tickets), plus two nights Hotel (21.09 – 23.09). If you are interested in joining, please register by sending an email to Ms Susana Xu with your name and position before Friday 25th August noon.
For more information
For more information on the Inter-Chamber SME Working Group, the EU SME Centre and the European Chamber, please do not hesitate to contact Ms. Ester Cañada Amela and Ms. Susana Xu. For information on the European Chamber’s SME Forum, feel free to contact Ms Lorraine Zhang for Tianjin and Ms Lynn Wu for South China.