“Is China on your radar?” is a general introduction to China’s macroeconomic framework for European SMEs looking to export to or invest in the country.
It aims to introduce China and it’s many opportunities to European entrepreneurs without concealing possible challenges and pitfalls – the goal is to enable European SMEs to objectively gauge if China is or is not the right market for their product.
From a short overview of China’s economic rise and top reasons why European SMEs should enter the market now to a closer look at China’s many (geographical and sectorial) markets as well as opportunities arising out of the 12th Five-Year Plan, it provides a realistic assessment of the status quo and attempts to pinpoint trends that will shape the future of this huge market.
In this report, you will learn:
1. Is China on your radar?
2. The main reasons why EU SMEs should consider China
- China’s strong economy
- The changing structure of the Chinese economy
- A consumer market that is growing quickly
- China imports heavily from the EU
- EU products and services enjoy a strong brand image in China
- Challenges bring opportunities
3. China’s many markets
- The ranking of a city
- Access to logistics and resources
- Access to government to support
4. The 14th Five-Year Plan
- Key challenges
- Reform of local governance
5. Sector overviews and opportunities
- Advanced manufacturing market overview
- Transportation market overview
- ICT market overview
- Education market overview
- Training market overview
- Healthcare market overview
- Clothing market overview
- Retail products market overview
- Food and drink market overview
- Energy market overview
- Sports market overview
- Creative industries market overview
6. Going forward
The EU SME Centre Phase II officially runs out on April 6, 2020. Publications remain available for downloading for EU SME users of the website. For further queries on the reports, you are recommended to contact the authors directly or email at email@example.com.