Regardless of how attractive and profitable China might be for many companies, it is advisable to prepare for withdrawal of your business from the start, as the process can be equally or even more complex than setting up a business in the country. Depending on the type of investment you have made, different regulations and rules may apply. In the webinar, our expert will provide you with an overview of the available options and necessary procedures. Join this EU SME Centre webinar and learn more about:
- Different circumstances under which a business exit might be necessary
- How to choose the right option for your business – representative office, wholly foreign-owned enterprise, joint venture
- General procedures to wrap up your business legally and relevant authorities you will have to deal with
- Practical examples in the form of case studies
- Risks you have to face if you choose to illegally pull out of China
Richard Hoffmann is a Partner at Ecovis in Beijing. Ecovis is one the biggest tax and law firms worldwide with more than 4000 employees in over 50 countries. Richard obtained an honor’s degree in law in Germany and worked in Germany, America and China for various prestigious law firms prior to joining Ecovis. He has published more than fifty articles in international magazines, frequently speaks at high profile events in China and abroad and is often invited as a legal expert by international TV and radio stations such as CCTV and Reuters to comment on issues regarding foreign direct investment. He has more than ten years of work experience dealing with international clients and speaks German, French, English and Chinese.
You can find the recorded video on Youtube: