Avoiding misunderstandings in verbal and nonverbal communication when negotiating ‘across cultures’ can be a challenge. In fact, foreign entrepreneurs are often concerned that mistakes in handling business negotiations in China could result in a loss of opportunities. In this webinar, Jinxuan Zhang will provide you with an overview of how to gain your Chinese partner’s trust and handle conflict situations. Specific topics will include
- how to find a business partner and verify her/his trustworthiness;
- tips on how the gain a Chinese partner’s trust, manage expectations and avoid misunderstandings;
- how the maintain a business relationship and handle conflict situations;
- the role of public authorities in business;
- language issues and cultural differences to be aware of.
About the expert
Ann is an experienced business developer, manager, consultant, trainer and writer with 18 years of experience spanning executive education, consumer goods, infrastructure and banking industries in China and Europe. She is also a research consultant at top international business schools and trainer for global corporations. Her consulting, research, teaching and writing activities are focused on China/Asia, especially on challenges faced by Western companies entering or seeking to grow in China and Chinese companies expanding overseas. She holds a bachelor’s degree in economics from Wuhan University in China and a MBA degree from IMD in Switzerland.
You can find the recorded video on Youtube: