The EU SME Centre, together with the China-Italy Chamber of Commerce, are glad to invite you to the workshop “Update on Customs and Logistics Requirements for Imported F&B Products” – which will take place on 1 March 2022, at 15:30 (Beijing time) / 08:30 (Brussels time), online on Zoom, and offline in Shanghai and Guangzhou.
During the event, we will provide an update on the implementation of the General Administration of Customs’ Order 248 and 249, which came into force on 1 January 2022, requiring all F&B manufacturers exporting to China to obtain a new registration code and to display it on the product’s package. In fact, after 2 months of implementation, there are still many doubts from EU companies on how to complete the registration.
Specifically, we will:
- Provide a step-by-step guidance on how to register through the dedicated platform, focusing on aspects which are frequently filled in a wrong manner
- Present a series of frequently asked questions received by the EU SME Centre on specific aspects and cases for the registration
- Share insights on the practical implementation of GACC 248 and 249 in Shanghai’s Yangshan port
Finally, we will also host a panel with two experts, one based in Shanghai and one in Guangzhou, to illustrate the logistics requirements as well as recent trends for shipping F&B products from the EU to China.
The event wil be in English. The event is open to the participation of all interested EU SMEs, consulates and business support organisations. Participation is free for all participants.
You can find the recorded webinar on YouTube here:
- 15:30-15:40 Welcome remarks and EU SME Centre & CICC intro
- 15:40-16:10 Process and tips for registration on GACC’s Single Window system – Lennie Tao, Senior Regulatory Analyst at ChemLinked
- 16:10-16:25 FAQs received by the EU SME Centre on GACC registration – Alessio Petino, Knowledge Coordinator at EU SME Centre
- 16:25-16:35 Conclusions/summary of discussion
- 16:35-17:10 Practical implementation of GACC 248 and 249 in Shanghai’s Yangshan port – Tony Huang, Vice General Manager at Shanghai Free Trade Zones International Logistics Co., LTD
- 17:10-17:40 Overview of shipping and logistics requirements for F&B exports – Ciro Cristiano, Project Manager & Food Specialist at GF Logistic Shanghai – Owen Chen, South China Manager of Ventana Serra Freight Forwarding (Shanghai) Co., Ltd
- 17:40-18:00 Q&A
Moderator: Vincenzo Morano, Vice Coordinator of the CICC Logistic Working Group.
About the speakers
Lennie Tao, Senior Regulatory Analyst at ChemLinked, REACH24H Consulting Group
Lennie Tao is a food regulatory analyst working at ChemLinked. Her broad experience in the food sector in China has afforded her unique insights on key areas, including dairy, infant formula and health food. She is a regular attendee of China special food training programs and forums and has delivered speeches in industry conferences such as FHC China 2019.
Alessio Petino, Knowledge Coordinator at EU SME Centre
Worked for 6+ years on various EU-funded projects in China, mainly conducting policy and market analysis for European companies looking to enter or already in the Chinese market
Since October 2020: Knowledge Coordinator of the EU SME Centre, coordinating reports, technical assistance and training activities 450+ inquiries received and answered from EU SMEs and business organisations (50+ on GACC 248 and 249)
Key areas: market access regulations and barriers, investment attraction policies, standards & compliance, focus on tech & innovation.
Tony Huang, Vice General Manager at Shanghai Free Trade Zones International Logistics Co., LTD
Tony has been engaged in customs clearance business for more than twenty years, and is also the head of Shanghai Customs Brokerage Association Yangshan Branch, currently as the deputy general manager of the company is also mainly responsible for customs and marketing part, for product access consulting, customs compliance has a wealth of experience.
Ciro Cristiano, Project Manager & Food Specialist at GF Logistic Shanghai
Ciro has accomplished Supply Chain professional with extensive experience in the F&B industry and in the Chinese market. He has more than 12 years experience in the food & beverage operations, strategic, sourcing and supply chain disciplines.
Owen Chen, South China Manager of Ventana Serra Freight Forwarding (Shanghai) Co., Ltd.
With 20 years of experience in international logistics, Owen Chen has served as a manager and director in well-known logistics companies such as UPS, Sinotrans and Vanocean. He has abundant experiences and resources in logistics industry . Being good at international supply chain management , he has helped lots of enterprises solve their international SCM problems. Our partners include famous companies like FCA-GAC Group, TCL Group, DeRucci healthy sleep Co.,Ltd. , Oppein Group, Midea Group, Galanz Group, Rechi Group, etc.
Please note that questions proposed by the participants to the speaker experts need to be sent to email@example.com before the seminar taking place.