The EU SME Centre, Business Finland’s Food from Finland and Lifestyle Finland are pleased to invite Finnish companies to attend a half-day China workshop on how to set up a cross-border shop in WeChat on 4th June 2018 at 8.30–14.00.
Selling directly to Chinese consumers is very high on the wish list of the EU SMEs. This has been hindered by the harsh reality of finding a competent importer or distributor, or the high costs of setting up a subsidiary in China. Certain alternatives, such as listing the products in well-known Chinese e-commerce platforms, reveal as too expensive or cumbersome for the small and medium European enterprises.
Join the workshop to find out how to reach the Chinese consumers directly. After attending this half-day workshop, you will grasp the process of setting up a cross-border shop on WeChat, its costs, the return on investment, and how to operate it.
Please register to join the event by Monday 28th May. Event language in English.
8:30-9:00 Registration & Network
- Cross-Border is Booming
- WeChat’s Unparalleled Success in China
- Pilot Free -Trade Zones
- Consumption as the Lever to Lift China’s Economy
- Reaction to the Negative Effects of Inefficient General Trade
- Making China Inspection and Quarantine (CIQ)Part of the Solution
- A More Discerning Middle Class
9:30-10:00 The Supply Chain
- The Upstream Flow of Goods to the Chinese Consumer
- The downstream Flow of Payments to the EU Shop Owner
10.00-10:30 The Building Blocks
- The WeChat Account
- The WeChat Shop
- Consumer Payment Options
- Warehouse and Logistics Operator at the FTZ
- Foreign Gateway to China’s Payment Providers
10.30-10:45 Coffee Break
10:45-11:30 The Procedure
- The Cross-Border Authorized List
- Trademark Registration
- Selecting a Pilot Free Trade Zone
- Select a Logistics Operator
- Registering the Product at China Inspection and Quarantine
- Open a WeChat Official Account
- Set up the WeChat Store
- Integrating a Payment Method with the WeChat Store
- Open a Bank Account in China
- Selecting a Payment Gateway
11:30-12:15 Lunch Break
12:15-12:45 The Pros and Cons of a CBEC Shop in WeChat for EU SMEs
- The Missing Piece: Digital Marketing
12:45-13:15 Real Case in Action
- Baby Care Category – SME from Ireland
13:15-13.45 WeChat Shop Solution
- Return on Investment
This workshop is free of charge but by invitation only.
Places are limited and first come first served
If you’d like to sign up, please fill out the registration form at Business Finland’s website.
About the Expert
WeChat Expert of the EU SME Centre & Co-Founder of Emerald Green Consulting, Ireland
For the last 4 years, Felim’s entire focus has been on establishing an export business from Ireland to China. The retail export business (Emerald Green Baby) has allowed him to forge not only a strong working knowledge of the Chinese market but grow an extensive network of Chinese contact. While based in Dublin, Ireland Felim’s whole focus is the domestic Chinese market and our local Chinese logistic oppression is based in Shanghai.
After 4 years Felim was building up his Cross-Border E-Commerce retail presence in China, he is now in a unique position to bring practical experience to other European companies who wish to access China.
Felim also still owns and runs 12 food operations in Dublin employing over 100 people and has 10 years work experience with Coca-Cola, Guinness and Irelands largest retailer Dunnes stores. The core of his success in China is bringing his retail experience managing projects with Chinese partners.
While he lives in Dublin, Felim travels every 8 weeks to China as well as extensively in Europe assisting companies to access the Chinese market.