Conducting proper due diligence is one of the essential steps that European SMEs need to take before engaging in business with partners in China. It will help you avoid business scams and identify a more reliable partner for your business in the Chinese market. In this webinar, you will learn how to perform basic due diligence yourself and where to get help, as well as practical advice from legal, financial and operational perspectives.
After attending the webinar, you will:
- Be aware of the most popular scams in China at the moment;
- Be able to check whether your counterpart really exists;
- Understand how to properly execute a contract in China;
- Know which sources are available to verify financial information;
- Learn some basic techniques to carry out operational due diligence.
About the Speaker
Rogier van Bijnen, Head of R&P China Lawyers’ Beijing Office
Rogier has been working as a lawyer in China since 2009. At R&P China Lawyers (www.rplawyers.com) he focuses on assisting foreign companies who do business in or with China. His areas of expertise include corporate/M&A (incl. JVs), commercial contracts, IP, employment and dispute resolution. R&P is a Chinese law firm with about 25 PRC licensed lawyers and has offices in Beijing and Shanghai. As a Chinese law firm, R&P is allowed to advise on PRC law and represent clients in Chinese courts.
You can find the recorded video on Youtube:
Please login to access the recorded video and the slide.