Type: Full-day Capacity Training
Date: Friday 5 June 2015
Time: 9.00 am – 17:30 pm
Location: EU SME Centre Training Room
(For Chinese version, please click here)
“Best Practice Leadership” will show you how to become a more effective leader by helping you to understand your own leadership style and how well it works in your particular leadership role. You will review your leadership profile using the LEA model and create your own Personal Development Plan.
By the end of the programme you will be able to:
- Understand the strengths you bring to your leadership role
- Assess leadership behaviours which may be reducing your effectiveness
- Define the “best practice” profile for your role
- Shape a personal development plan for leadership growth
Who Should Attend
The seminar is designed for anyone with management or leadership experience, or for leadership trainers and executive coaches.
1. Discussion – understand the 22 practices of the LEA model
2. Pair work – verify your “self” report
3. Group work – high score liabilities and low score assets
4. Horseshoe exercises – explore different leadership styles
5. Discussion – decide on “role requirements”
6. Group work – build a template for your personal development plan
Session 1: Challenges of 21st Century Leadership
– Leadership can be defined by a list of practices which create a leadership style
– Different leaders have a particular leadership style
– There is no one-best-way to lead: it depends on your industry, your position and your company culture
– Different countries have a distinct leadership style which reflects national culture
Session 2: Understanding Your Leadership Profile
– Leadership is all about behaviours and you can learn new behaviours
– Every leader has a profile, which includes both high and low scores
– High scores may not necessarily be good or low scores be bad
– Your LEA profile will reveal some blind spots in your self-perception
– Understanding your blind spots is a key to your leadership development
– Your leadership behaviours have an effect on others, which determines your leadership effectiveness
Session 3: Creating Your Personal Development Plan
– The “ideal” leadership profile depends on your present leadership role – you need to discuss your “role expectations”
– A process of reflection helps to identify barriers which are often long-standing
– Coaching is the best way of moving forward with your development discussion
– To grow as a leader you have to commit to a Personal Development Plan
– Action plans need to be written in SMART format and linked to practical assignments
– Additional 360 data (from other observers) will add a great deal to your development as a leader
Session 4: Building Your Strategic Capability
– Leaders have to be competent with management tasks as well as leadership qualities
– LEA research identifies “Strategic” as a key practice for effective leaders
– Strategy means having a long term view and a systems thinking model of problem solving
– Different countries have different profiles for leadership – understanding the differences increases cross-cultural cooperation
Pre-course Online Assessment
participants will be asked to take a pre-course assessment once registration are confirmed.
This course will use a model of leadership based on the highly acclaimed LEA 360™, which goes beyond competencies. Instead it is a complex psychometric instrument which looks at leadership behaviours. These are referred to as leadership practices. There are 22 leadership practices arranged into 6 clusters: Creating a vision, Developing followers, Implementing the vision, Following through, Achieving results, Team playing.
Your 25page LEA Self Report and 80 page LEA Resource Guide (retail price RMB 2200, included in the course fee) will be used during the training.
For more details of LEA 360™, please download the attachment on left.
Standard fee: 3800 RMB/per person
Discounted price 3500RMB/per person is available for
- Early Bird – Sign up before May 8th.
- Members of the Centre’s official partners – Upon registration, please indicate which chamber of commerce or trade promotion organisation you are a member of.
To register, please contact Erica Lin:
Tel: +86 (0)10 8527 5300 – 318, Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
Please register in advance, walk-ins will not be accepted; Limited spots are available and attendance is given on a first come first served basis.
Founded MDS in 1995 as a specialist supplier of leadership and sales development solutions. He manages 25 sales and operations staff plus a team of more than 50 leadership trainers and executive coaches in Greater China and APAC. He is a master trainer for the LEA 360™, SPA™, MBTI® and the FIRO® and works with top teams to improve the effectiveness of leadership and sales teams.