China has become the world’s largest e-commerce market. By 2020, the number of Chinese internet users is expected to reach 80% of the total population and 70% will shop online. This one day course will provide you with expert insights and hands-on experience in doing online business in China, which you will be able to apply in your real-world projects.
The EU SME Centre in Beijing, The Flanders-China Chamber of Commerce and the EU-China Business Association are delighted to invite you to a training course focused on ‘E-Commerce in China: how to succeed in the fast-changing Chinese market?’.
- Understand e-commerce business in China compared to Europe
- Explore the best e-commerce options in China for your company
- How to open an e-commerce store in China step by step
- Get your goods to the Chinese customers – logistics and product compliance
- Intellectual Property Rights to be aware of
- Collecting payments from e-commerce in China
- Digital marketing in China for your business
- Building your overall e-commerce strategy
- Case Studies & Best Practices
Who Should Attend
The training course is suitable for anyone who is involved in online business.
Whether you are a business owner, marketing expert, e-commerce manager or a specialist, you will get a solid foundation from this course for successfully planning and managing online selling in China.
Fee: € 280(Excl. VAT)/person.
This package includes a full-day training, course material, lunch, and:
A prior technical consultation – An In house expert will help you determine:
- Whether your product or services are suitable for online business in China;
- What you stand to gain by entering the Chinese market;
- What risks you are likely to face when entering the Chinese market.
The EU SME Centre Gift Pack:
- Is China on your radar?
- Ways to enter the Chinese market.
- Exporting goods, services and technology
- Knowing your partners in China.
Tailor made follow-up services:
- Free access to the update of relevant EU SME Centre publications
- Tailor-made assistance to your follow-up enquiries (free of charge for non-technical enquiries)
In case of written cancellation to firstname.lastname@example.org not later than 2 working days prior to the event, the participation fee will be reimbursed. Otherwise the full amount will remain due.
About Your Trainer: Mr Dimitry van Toorn
Dimitry started his career at Mattel Inc., then worked for nearly two decades in China. He started in in Shanghai at a major product Scouting and Sourcing Agency. Then joined in 2005 Intertek plc in Hong Kong, a leading Testing, Inspection and Certification (TIC) company, to develop the Global Supply Chain business stream. Dimitry initiated and founded the company tradeFWD with is proprietary B2B Cross-Border Payment Solutions, B2B Financing Options, and ESCROW services business model, before embarking a new area with founding VAN TOORN & ASSOCIATES including the enterCHINA initiative.
VAN TOORN & ASSOCIATES Limited is specialized in supporting international SME’s establishing business entities in the Far East (emerging) markets through seminars and trainings on B2C e-commerce business in Greater China, Vietnam, and Indonesia. The key topics cover supply chain / fulfilment, (digital) payments, market quality / regulatory requirements, social media marketing, and intellectual property rights.