Tap into China’s 700 million WeChat users and understand what they like and dislike about your products and services. Understand how WeChat can improve your stakeholder communications and build a community to keep professional readers more engaged. Follow how to use WeChat as an export tool, how to generate demand for your brand, and how long it takes to set all this up.
This half-day workshop will focus on:
- Getting to the core of WeChat features
- Understanding user behaviour
- Learning about cross-border e-commerce
- Positioning your brand and promoting it via WeChat
12:30 – 13:00 Registration
13:00 – 13:30 The World of WeChat
- What is WeChat?
- Why is it China’s most important online platform?
- How are businesses using WeChat?
13:30 – 14:30 Tips, Trends and User Behaviour
- Know how WeChat can be used for promotion and e-commerce
- Turn a follower into a buyer
14:30 – 15:00 Coffee Break
15:00 – 16:00 Using WeChat as an Export and E-Commerce Tool
- Get initial market feedback by checking the ‘buzz’ on a product category or brand
- Understand how payments work via WeChat
- Think about post-sales logistics
16:00 – 16:30 What Works, What Doesn’t
- Learn how to position your brand from successful case studies
- Understand the best approach for your business
16:30 – 17:00 Q&A
Please sign up on CBBC website or send an email to email@example.com
EU SMEs and intermediary organisations within the EU SME Centre’s network enjoy member price.
About the Trainer
Mark Hedley, EU SME Centre Expert & China-Britain Business Council Advisor
Mark has first-hand experience of carrying out on-the-ground business development for foreign companies of all sizes looking to enter the China market. Having spent six years living and working in mainland China, including for a market entry consultancy in Shanghai, Mark has undertaken dozens of business-to-business market research projects in China for a wide range of clients from the advanced engineering, education, energy, healthcare, ICT, and manufacturing sectors. Mark has an in-depth understanding of China’s E-commerce sector and has helped many companies develop tailored marketing strategies for the Chinese market, integrating emerging digital marketing tools such as WeChat.
Mark is China Business Adviser for London and the South East region at the China-Britain Business Council. A fluent Mandarin speaker, he holds a Masters in Chinese Business and International Relations from the University of Sheffield.