The EU SME Centre is in the process of updating one of its existing reports on wine. The report will provide an up-to-date overview of China’s wine market and the regulations relevant to the export of EU wine products to China. Specifically, the report will illustrate the key trends, actors and channels of China’s wine market; it will detail the procedure for completing the manufacturing facility registration with GACC (Decree 248/249) as well as other compliance requirements; it will also provide marketing and promotion tips.
For this reason, we are looking for European SMEs, business organisations or agencies willing to share their experience and best practices in exporting and/or selling EU wine in China. The objective is to provide insights to EU SMEs on the potential of this market, as well as practical guidance on what actions are required and what initiatives are possible to successfully export their products to China.
Structure of the case study
The case study can be developed either as an interview with the EU SME Centre’s experts, or fully by the SME, business organisation or agency. We are looking for examples from different wine types (e.g. still, sparkling, bulk, etc.) and different export channels (CBEC vs. general trade). The structure and content of the case study are open and entirely based on your experience, but in general, could cover the following aspects:
- Your overall situation in/with China (company description and history in the Chinese market).
- Your perspective on the trends, challenges and opportunities arising in China’s wine market – as well as future plans and outlook.
- Overview of specific cases of preparing the export of wine to the Chinese market, for instance:
- The right platform for each product: CBEC or general trade?
- The right channel (e.g. e-commerce; HoReCa; supermarkets; etc.)
- Regulatory peculiarities, main challenges to overcome
- Registration with GACC (Decree 248)
- Compliance with labelling requirements
- Marketing or promotional campaigns – opportunities for EU wine markets.
What’s in it for you
The case study will be included in the EU SME Centre’s updated report, with your visibility elements included.
We will invite you to present the case during an ad hoc webinar to be organised after the publication of the report. Other joint promotion or support activities can be discussed and organised.
Interested SMEs, business organisations and agencies may contact our Business Advisor Alessio Petino at email@example.com.