The EU SME Centre is a European Union initiative that provides a comprehensive range of hands-on support services to European small and medium-sized enterprises (SMEs), getting them ready to do business in China. Specifically, the Centre assists SMEs to establish, develop and maintain commercial activities in the Chinese market – through export and investment – particularly at the crucial early stages of their market penetration strategy.
For more information about the Centre, visit the website: www.eusmecentre.org.cn
The EU SME Centre is now looking for a Training Manager/Coordinator who is familiar with the design and implementation of a variety of training programmes for European small and medium-sized companies and business support organisations in China and the EU, on topics related to the business opportunities in China and how to access the market.
Seniority level: Mid-level
Location: Beijing, China
Employment type: Full-time (40 hours/week)
- Monitor the interests and requests from European SMEs built on prior-knowledge and understanding of the industries
- Coordinate and carry out training and events in China and the EU
- Develop and implement objective criteria for the selection of training speakers including selection tests and interviews of individual candidates
- Organise, schedule and moderate webinars
- Gather feedback on the training activities
- Monitor, evaluate and continuously improve the quality of training activities delivered
- Manage the EU SME Centre online training platform
- Report and track the results of the Training Centre
- Provide logistical and organisational support for events and exhibitions
- Maintain and develop a network and database of field experts
- 3-5 years of professional experience in training and event management in the context of business-related activities with China
- Excellent English language skills, both spoken and written
- Proficiency in Mandarin Chinese is a big plus
- Excellent organisational skills and be able to prioritise a multitude of tasks
- An enthusiastic team player with a professional and independent work attitude
- Good communication skills and the ability to function effectively under pressure
How to apply
Interested candidates, please send your motivation letter, CV and salary expectations to Liam Jia at email@example.com before Friday 6 October 2023.
The selection procedure consists of an interview. Only the shortlisted candidates will be contacted.
NB: if found suitable, internal candidates have priority over external candidates. The successful candidate will be contracted with the European Union Chamber of Commerce in China, who is one of the consortium partners of the EU SME Centre Phase 4 project.