The EU SME Centre is looking for a Video Production Contractor for a project to be delivered on 30 June 2023: the creation of two short informational videos to introduce the Centre’s activities and services. The first, main video will be of a duration of around 2 minutes. The second video will be a 30 to 40 seconds short-cut version of the first video.
The promotional videos will need to inform viewers on the mission of the EU SME Centre, showcasing the Centre’s services, activities, and new website.
This production will update and upgrade the current EU SME Centre promotional videos created and published in 2022.
- See on YouTube the existing full-length video, of a duration of two minutes and twenty-eight seconds: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OPhBW7I7Y8A
- See here the short-cut version of thirty-five seconds: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NT4GkDPvGMU
About the EU SME Centre
The EU SME Centre is an EU-funded initiative created to assist European small and medium-sized companies, entrepreneurs, and start-ups entering or expanding their activities in China. The Centre’s main office is located in Beijing, China. The Centre offers a range of free services to provide EU SMEs with expert advice, training, documentation, and advocacy.
On 1 July 2022, the EU SME Centre entered its Phase IV (2022-2025) and is implementing a new strategy to increase its outreach and visibility.
Our key objectives are:
- To provide a full range of services to European SMEs, including advice, advocacy, knowledge, training, and with a Self-Diagnosis Tool to identify knowledge gaps.
- To inform and offer business solutions, including information sessions and one-to-one consultations to European SMEs looking to start exporting to China or already present in the market.
- To provide clear and up-to-date documentation with a library of over 200 publications on issues relevant to various industries, from market access requirements to standards and conformity and current regulations to do business in/with China.
- To organise online, offline, and hybrid informational and capacity-building events aimed at supporting European SMEs, including the annual flagship conference “Understanding China”.
- To develop partnerships with BSOs and European stakeholders for a greater synergy of actions aimed at helping SMEs to succeed on their internationalisation path.
The main reasons for upgrading the two videos are:
- The EU SME Centre launched in December 2022 a fully upgraded website with a different layout and new visual elements. The new videos need to show the new website and be in line with its style.
- To inform viewers of what the Centre is and what it does, in a clear and concise way, with a voiceover and motion graphics.
- To increase outreach to all potential beneficiaries of the Centre’s activities and to encourage engagement with our events, queries to our team, and user registrations on the website.
- To emphasise our cooperation with a network of European partners (business support organisations and trade promotion organisations) present across Europe and China and our recent achievements.
The main, full-length video is expected to be of a duration of around two minutes.
A short cut version of thirty seconds shall also be produced by the Contractor.
The production of the new videos will place an emphasis on clarity of information, with an engaging voiceover accompanied by informative motion graphics, footage from the Centre’s website, as well as stock video footage where necessary.
The videos should be designed with social media dissemination in mind and should be delivered in digital formats suitable for publication on the Centre’s website and sharing on social media platforms (LinkedIn, Twitter, Facebook, and WeChat).
Read the full text below or download the attached Invitation to Tender PDF (only logged in users can download the attachment) to read more on the requirements, the budget and the application process.
Application deadline: Friday 2 June 2023, 6 PM Brussels Time.
How to Apply
Interested applicants should write an email to the EU SME Centre’s Communications and Visibility Manager Nelly Alix at firstname.lastname@example.org, keeping Team Lead Liam Jia at email@example.com in copy, with a proposal in English including:
- A description of how the Contractor intends to produce the videos, with examples and design suggestions.
- A portfolio of previously completed informational/promotional video projects.
- A detailed timeline, from design and feedback from our team to launch. The new video must be ready for launch on 30 June 2023.
- A brief background of the Contractor. The bid should include the name, contact person, and contact details of the Contractor, as well as company registration details and tax number.
- A quote including an itemised budget in Euro. The quote must include any third-party costs, if applicable. Prices must be in fixed amounts and must be quoted inclusive of all duties, taxes and other charges.