All cosmetics imported into China are required to obtain pre-market approval or notification from the Chinese State Food and Drug Administration (SFDA). Cosmetic products on the Chinese market are distinguished between ordinary cosmetic products and cosmetic products for special use. The latter are required to obtain administrative approval including testing at a Chinese laboratory designated by the SFDA.
This EU SME Centre Webinar will cover:
- Overview of the market for cosmetic products in China;
- Introduction of the Chinese Cosmetics legislative approach and its main differences with the related EU Legislation;
- Identification of the main Chinese National and Professional standards related to cosmetics
- Summary of the main market access challenges for EU SMEs when exporting cosmetics into China, the necessary steps that a manufacturer should take in order to import cosmetics into China and an estimation of time and costs associated to it.
- Listing of existing resources, documentation in English, and organisations that may offer support to companies, e.g. existing manuals developed by Chinese authorities, translation of relevant legislation, Chinese industry associations, European association with presence in China, etc.
You can find the recorded video on Youtube: