The EU SME Centre, the Union of Hellenic Chambers of Commerce, the Athens Chamber of Commerce and Industry and the PRAXI Network (Coordinator of Enterprise Europe Network – Hellas) are pleased to invite you to attend a half-day training workshop on how to set up a cross-border shop in WeChat.
Selling directly to Chinese consumers is very high on the wish list of the EU SMEs. This has been hindered by the harsh reality of finding a competent importer or distributor, or the high costs of setting up a subsidiary in China. Certain alternatives, such as listing the products in well-known Chinese e-commerce platforms, reveal as too expensive or cumbersome for the small and medium European enterprises.
Join the workshop to find out how to reach directly to the Chinese consumers. After attending this training, you will grasp the process of setting up a cross-border shop on WeChat, its cost, the return on investment, and how to operate it.
The training workshop is free to attend and by invitation only. Places are limited and first come first served.
Please register at this link before June 15, 2018.
15:00-15:15 Registration & Network
- Cross-Border is Booming
- WeChat’s Unparalleled Success in China
- Pilot Free -Trade Zones
- Consumption as the Lever to Lift China’s Economy
- Reaction to the Negative Effects of Inefficient General Trade
- Making China Inspection and Quarantine (CIQ)Part of the Solution
- A More Discerning Middle Class
15:30-16:00 The Supply Chain
- The Upstream Flow of Goods to the Chinese Consumer
- The downstream Flow of Payments to the EU Shop Owner
16.00-16:30 The Building Blocks
- The WeChat Account
- The WeChat Shop
- Consumer Payment Options
- Warehouse and Logistics Operator at the FTZ
- Foreign Gateway to China’s Payment Providers
16:30-16:45 Coffee Break
16:45-17:30 The Procedure
- The Cross-Border Authorized List
- Trademark Registration
- Selecting a Pilot Free Trade Zone
- Select a Logistics Operator
- Registering the Product at China Inspection and Quarantine
- Open a WeChat Official Account
- Set up the WeChat Store
- Integrating a Payment Method with the WeChat Store
- Open a Bank Account in China
- Selecting a Payment Gateway
17:30-18:00 The Pros and Cons of a CBEC Shop in WeChat for EU SMEs
- The Missing Piece: Digital Marketing
18:00-18:30 Real Case in Action
- Baby Care Category – SME from Ireland
18:30-19.00 WeChat Shop Solution
- Return on Investment
About the Speaker
Brian Goff, WeChat Expert of the EU SME Centre and Founder of Emerald Green consulting, Ireland.
Since 2014 Brian has been exporting to China with the company he co-founded, Emerald Green baby ltd. He has travelled to China several times a year and has built up an expert knowledge of the online Chinese market as well as establishing strong Chinese business contacts.
Brian’s focus is on cross-border e-commerce (CBEC) and the company’s logistics are based in the Shanghai FTZ giving him a unique insight into the CBEC market and ideally placed to assist European SME’s who wish to enter the Chinese market.
In addition to his Chinese business Brian has founded, managed and sold several multimillion euro companies in the food and restaurant sectors and currently owns several restaurants in Ireland.