The EU SME Centre is collaborating with the China-Britain Buiness Council (CBBC) to bring you an event discussing how to best tackle a changing Chinese market.
Chris Cheung, Director from the EU SME Centre, will present on:
- Opportunities in China’s New Economy sectors
- Emerging opportunities and challenges
- Advice for European SMEs in doing business in China
- Case studies
Junchao Zhang, Director from CBBC, will present on:
- The policy highlights and potential opportunities related to sectors for the 7 new Free Trade Zones—— Liaoning, Zhejiang, Henan, Hubei, Sichuan, Chongqing and Shannxi
- A comparison across different Free Trade Zones
Orestes Daniel, Research Analyst from CBBC, will present on:
- General introduction to the One Belt and One RoadInitiative;
- Introduction of CBBC’s new Belt & Road reporton the BRI’s southern routes:Key developments along the BRI’s southern routes; Key sectors with opportunities for UK businesses in the BRI; Key provinces in South China.
14:00 Opening & CBBC Welcome
14:10 Chris Cheung: Opportunities in China’s New Emerging Economy
15:00 Orestes Daniel: Key Developments and Sectors with Opportunities from the Belt and Road Initiative
15:20 Junchao Zhang: The Policy Highlights and Potential Opportunities Related to Free Trade Zones
15:35 Q & A
16:00 Networking & Refreshments
This event is free of charge.
Online registration or registration by email is required for this event. Please confirm your attendance at the earliest opportunity.
To register online, please click here.
Chris Cheung, Director, EU SME Centre
Chris is responsible for providing relevant, timely and effective advice to European Union SMEs on identifying, developing and realising export and investment opportunities in China. He has been identifying market opportunities and providing market access advice to companies entering the Chinese market for the past ten years. As EU SME Centre Director, Chris leads an international team of experts in providing practical, up-to-date business advice in a wide range of industries including ICT, renewable energy and food and beverages.
He holds a Master’s degree in Chinese and Business from the University of Leeds, and a MBA from the University of Warwick.
Junchao Zhang, Assistant Director, Research & Consultancy, China-Britain Business Council
Junchao is CBBC’s most senior researcher in China, where he guides the research of project managers in all 13 offices. He has extensive experience in the automotive, marine, environmental and industrial sectors. He is the national sector lead for advanced engineering, and CBBC China’s key contact for advice on company incorporation.
Orestes Daniel, Research Analyst, China-Britain Business Council
Orestes is a Research Analyst at the China-Britain Business Council. He has a degree in Business Management and Chinese, and a MSc in International Relations. His most recent research has focused on the the Belt & Road Initiative.