If Chinese legal system is often seen as based on the Civil Law model, it is however crucial to understand practice. Indeed, effective arbitration procedures and four level of courts (basic level courts, mid-level courts, super-level courts and the Supreme Court of the P.R.C) often lead to a Chinese legal system with important differences between written laws and legal practice.
For this reason, specifically in Civil Law litigations related to commercial matters, jurisprudence in all level of courts and interpretation given by the Supreme Court of the P.R.C are crucial to resolve a dispute but also complex and specific. In this webinar, our expert will be presenting the most important points in Civil (Commercial) Litigation Law:
- Overview of litigations in Chinese Civil Law
- Limitation of actions: When can’t you file a lawsuit?
- Necessary documents: How to file a lawsuit?
- Producing evidence in practice: investigate, analyse and assemble for receivable evidences
- Preservation of property: How to insure the enforcement of a decree?
- Sentence, second instance and appeal in Chinese Civil Commercial Law
- The Guanxi (Relationship) in Civil (Commercial) Litigation Practices
You can find the recorded video on Youtube. To download the slides please login.
About the Expert
Qi Lianfeng, Founder of Beijing Minghang Law Firm
Qi Lianfeng has been doing legal work over a decade and has worked in several enterprises, including: Hong Kong Coslight International Group, Australia MMLC Consulting Company (and involved in a short term project in HITACH Data System), Jindian Group and Yingke Law Firm. In 2014, Qi Lianfeng founded Beijing Minghang Law Firm. Qi is very experienced in government communication and public relations. Meanwhile, he keeps exploring commercial operation in legal practice.