We are delighted to invite you to join us in Beijing for a breakfast briefing. This special event will be a great occasion for expatriates to keep in touch with recent economic developments in Europe. It will be an opportunity to understand how these events affect financial markets and will help you manage your investments.
The briefing, led by Jeremy O’Friel, Managing Director of Belmont Investments, will discuss the issues arising from the Greek elections and Syriza’s emergence as a political force in Greece. Greece’s new Finance minister Yanis Varoufakisany and the new Greek coalition of which Syriza is the prominent force have an electoral mandate to renegotiate Greece’s debt repayments with the Troika institutions and the other European policy makers. However, the dynamics of the European Union’s decision making processes and domestic politics in some of Europe’s largest member states mean that in reality the options open to Greece in resulting negotiations will be severely constrained. This, coupled with the Greek government’s abandonment of its policy obligations raise the real prospect of Greece being forced to abandon the Eurozone unless some form of debt restructuring is agreed. We will discuss the implications for investors and how the current tumultuous events will effect investment decisions.
The key points will be:
• Key global trends.
• US, UK, and European economic outlooks; where to invest?
• Italy, Spain, and Greece, which other countries should investor shy off?
• Greek economic outlook; what needs to be done to get back on track?
• Industries in Europe with a positive outlook.
• Reducing exposure to the oil and gas sector and prepare for a hike in price.
• Economic trends for China; will the stimulus package restart the economy?
• The impact of the recent strengthening of the CHF.
08:00 to 08:30 – Registration
08:30 to 09:30 – Breakfast Briefing Presentation and Q&A session
09:30 to 10:00 – Networking
Date: Wednesday, March 25, 2015
Time: 8:00 to 10:00
Venue: CCIFC Beijing Meeting Room, C512
50 Liangmaqiao Road, Chaoyang District
Organized in partnership with Bluestar AMG
In order to participate in this seminar, please register before March 24 at 17:00 by clicking on the link below: