Location: Beijing, China (Open to Shanghai)
Package: Competitive salary range between RMB 11,000 – RMB 12,000 (13-month scale), based on matched qualification and experiences
About the China-Britain Business Council
The China-Britain Business Council (CBBC) is the UK’s national business network promoting trade and investment with China.
Since 1954 we have acted as the independent voice of business, located at the heart of the action, engaging across both countries in every sector and region. We support our members, clients, and partners by delivering the advice, analysis, advocacy, and access which they need to seize the China opportunity.
Through our presence right across the UK and its office network in China, CBBC is uniquely positioned to serve its members’ interests in the UK and China. Our diverse membership includes some of the UK’s leading companies and universities, many of the most dynamic UK SMEs, and an ever-increasing number of Chinese companies exporting to and investing in the UK.
CBBC plays an important role in helping shape bilateral relations between the UK and China through our close links to the UK Government and the Devolved Administrations; the Chinese Government at national, provincial, and municipal level; and the British and Chinese Embassies.
For more information about us, please visit our website at http://www.cbbc.org
Job Opportunity: Project Manager
We are seeking an experienced Project Manager to work as part of the CBBC project team based in Beijing/Shanghai. You should possess excellent research and analytical capabilities, project management skills, and established business knowledge to write high-quality market research reports and be proactive in identifying Chinese partners for UK companies. You should be a confident and energetic team player and also a strong team leader who is keen to work on a diverse range of trade promotion activities in a fast-growing market.
The Industrial Economy team is one of the key revenue generators for CBBC and this Project Manager in Beijing will play an important role in meeting the team’s sector targets. The job holder will need to co-ordinate CBBC’s activities and projects around key industrial stakeholders, including market research for UK companies seeking Chinese market opportunities, identifying and recommending qualified Chinese partners, and supporting relevant business events. The ideal candidate will have an engineering background, experience of working with industrial sectors, and be a fast learner in understanding the new policies and technologies relevant to these sectors. The Project Manager will report to CBBC’s Director for Industrial Economy.
The successful candidate will be responsible for delivering high-quality research and trade services events to UK businesses in China. Experience in the sector is desirable; however, excellent market research skills and report writing in English are the fundamental requirements.
- As a Project Manager, you should be able to manage and implement a project or research independently or be able to work with other project managers as a team leader;
- Researching and compiling in-depth market reports for clients;
- Advising clients on market entry into China;
- Analysing market intelligence on a range of industry sectors;
- Identifying business partners and opportunities for British businesses;
- Building and maintaining relationships with industry contacts;
- Promoting and delivering CBBC services;
- Contributing to the CBBC project teams by developing and sharing knowledge, thought leadership and solutions;
- Providing leadership and liaison with clients in arranging trade missions and other events specific to your assigned sector;
- Previous experience of market research
- Bachelor degree or Master degree (desirable)
- Excellent written and spoken English (essential)
- For Project Manager level, at least 2-3 year relevant working experience;
- Passion for market research and excellent client facing skills
- Self-motivated, with a flexible and entrepreneurial style of working
- Proven ability to work independently and as part of a team
- Excellent data processing and IT skills
- Good interpersonal skills
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Able to deal with various tasks at once
- Good project management skills
- Strong attention to detail
- Team player
Benefits and conditions of employment
CBBC offers a competitive package which includes basic gross salary, social insurance, medical insurance, housing fund and generous leave entitlement.
The gross annual package for this position is RMB 143K – RMB 156K with annual pro rata leave entitlement of 22-days for Chinese nationals.
We also provide an excellent platform for development opportunities. This position is an excellent opportunity for the successful candidate to learn about international business and work as a part of a team across China and the UK.
How to Apply
Interested candidates should send a cover letter and CV in both English and Chinese to CBBCHR@cbbc.org. Your cover letter should explain why you believe your skills and background are a good fit for the role and give an indication of your salary expectations. Please use “Project Manager Industrial Economy BJ/SH – Candidate Name” as the subject of the email.
The closing date for application is 13th June 2023. We encourage early applications. We will be reviewing applications as they come in therefore you may be contacted before the closing date if we wish to take forward your application.
We regret that only short-listed candidates will be notified. Applicants who fail to provide a cover letter will not be considered.
Telephone enquiries and personal visits will NOT be accepted.