- Type :Webinar
- Date :Oct 27, 5:00 pm - 6:00 pm, 2015
- Tags :Leisure and recreation
Chinese tourists are currently highlighted in western magazines as an unstoppable, constantly growing force bound to lead tourism revenues worldwide. The main mistake that operators, as well as regional and local Tourism Associations, are currently making is to behave as if the rules and expectations that drive the China market and its customers are the same ones western tourism relies on. This happens both when facing the end consumer (B2C) and when engaging in B2B relationships. The result often leads to poor outcome, slow and confused processes and frustration especially when managing or promoting less-known destinations.
This webinar will introduce some fundamental references about the origins and development of Chinese tourism, in order to better understand the current market opportunities. Based on real cases and field experience, we will analyse key factors to keep in mind when approaching this evolving market.
After attending this webinar you will:
- Have updated information concerning the Chinese tourism market
- Learn how to approach it as an SME based in Europe, the current trends and why some destinations are preferred to others
- Understand processes and dynamics involved in dealing with Chinese operators (B2B), their needs and expectations
- Be aware of the correct communication tools, promotional vehicles and suitable platforms to attract the Chinese travelers and raise interest and awareness about your destination
About the Speaker
Simone currently lives in Beijing where, besides managing his own brand, partners and team, he consults Chinese and international tour operators alike. In 2012 he founded the project Italy [B][A][O] (Italy - By Appointment Only).
He has designed itineraries and led tourists and professionals across three continents, before taking up the position of Research & Style Manager and subsequently Incoming Dep. Manager for Bradipo Travel Designer Spa (Milan). He subsequently moved to Beijing as Product Manager for the Chinese luxury operator L’Avion International.
Simone has visited China for the first time in 1997 to complete his Oriental Studies Degree from Ca’ Foscari University (Venice), and now has almost twenty years of experience in the Tourism Industry, and about China.
He contributed as author to the “White Book of Chinese Tourism” (Chinese Friendly, 2014) and is often contacted by media as a source for discussing current trends concerning the Chinese tourism market.
Please login to access the recorded video and the slide.
Business matchmaking . May 18 - 19 All day