- Type :Webinar
- Date :May 7, 4:00 pm - 5:00 pm, 2014
- Venue :Online
- Contact :info[at]eusmecentre.org.cn
China is a country rich of bio-energy resources with a variety of applications for electricity, heating, liquid bio-fuel, and solid fuels. Though the bio-energy sector has become an important part of the renewable energy market in recent years, in some areas its development is still at an early stage. For stable progress, the strengthening of policy incentives as well as faster introduction of new technologies is needed. European SMEs are leading in some of these areas, and the market therefore offers as host of opportunities for companies with the right know-how and market entry strategy.
Join this webinar and learn more about:
- the energy sector in China;
- the legislative framework;
- the current status of the different bio-energy sectors in China (biogas, biomass, WTE and bio-fuels);
- market trends and technology requirements from Chinese companies;
- business opportunities and market constrains for European SMEs;
- recommendations and practical advice on entering the bio-energy market in China;
- information on exhibitions, useful links and tools.
About the Speaker
Gianluca Ghiara is Managing Director of Geapower, an engineering consulting company. Before his involvement with Geapower, he acted as senior project manager for the Sino-Italian Cooperation Program. In his almost ten years in China, Gianluca has always been involved in the renewable energy and environmental protection markets, gaining extended experience in the management of a large amount of projects in different fields, including bio-energy (biogas, biomass and waste management), industrial waste water management and heavy metal control.He has been elected vice-chair of the renewable energy working group of the European Union Chamber of Commerce in China.
Gianluca received a Master in Business Administration from Peking University, Beijing.
You can find the recorded video on Youtube: