- Type :Webinar
- Date :Apr 22, 4:00 pm - 5:00 pm, 2014
- Venue :Online
- Contact :info[at]eusmecentre.org.cn
The Chinese tax system continuously develops and undergoes changes, making it challenging but essential for EU SMEs to stay up to date. As a part of these efforts, this webinar will focus on Chinese turnover taxes such as VAT and business tax.
SMEs exporting services or technology to China might be obliged to pay turnover taxes on their products. Even SMEs exporting goods to Mainland China may have concerns about turnover taxes, since they may affect the price of their products in the Chinese market. Finally, profits generated by investments of European SMEs in China are indirectly affected by turnover taxes. Watch our webinar to follow some practical case studies to help you understand:
- the scope of turnover taxation, who is obliged to pay, how to calculate the tax basis, how to use rules for tax reduction and exemption;
- the withholding mechanism in transactions related to VAT and business tax when providing services in China;
- the tax refund mechanism in transactions related to VAT and consumption tax.
Attendance is free for EU SMEs and intermedaries such as chambers of commerce or trade promotion agencies.
About the Speaker
Mrs. Grace Shi has more than ten years of tax, accounting and auditing experience in China and Europe. As a Senior Partner at Ecovis R&G Consulting Ltd, she advises foreign and domestic SMEs and MNC on a daily basis, focusing on financial and tax issues including tax planning, restructuring for foreign-invested enterprises and financial and tax due diligence. Grace frequently presents and publishes on tax and accounting related topic.
You can find the recorded video on Youtube: