- Type :Webinar
- Date :Feb 25, All day, 2014
- Venue :Online
- Contact :firstname.lastname@example.org
Tianjin, located in the north-east of the country, is the fourth largest city in China. In the 11th Five-Year Plan, published in 2006, it was designated to follow the examples of Shenzhen and Pudong (Shanghai) to become the “third pole" of China's economic growth. The province-level municipality has been recording the highest GDP in China since 2010, outperforming both Beijing and Shanghai.
As the biggest port in Northern China and shipping gateway to Beijing offering exceptional conditions for foreign investment in the recently created Binhai New Area, Tianjin has a lot to offer to European SMEs.
Watch this webinar recording and learn more about:
- the Northern Technology Exchange Market (Enterprise Europe Network contact point in Tianjin);
- the city of Tianjin, social and economic data;
- the different development and industrial areas;
- key sectors and opportunities for EU SMEs in Tianjin;
- recommendations and advice: why should EU SMEs choose Tianjin?
- information on exhibitions, useful links and tools.
About the speakers
Bjoern Lindemann is Regional Manager Tianjin and North China at the German Chamber of Commerce in China North since 2012. Before joining the Chamber, he worked, among others, as consultant at CHINABRAND Consulting in Munich. Bjoern received his Master’s Degree in Political Science from the University of Bonn and his PhD in Chinese Studies from the University of Tübingen. He has been studying, researching and working in Greater China since 2005.
Since 2013, Eric Han is focusing on international technology transfer at the Northern Technology Exchange Market (NTEM). Before joining NTEM, he worked for international companies in operational management and for a local venture capital company in Tianjin as investment manager, which provided him with solid experience in both management and industry. He received his MBA Degree from Nankai University.
You can find the recorded video on Youtube: