- Type :Webinar
- Date :Jul 30, All day, 2013
- Venue :Online
Space is limited.
Reserve your Webinar seat now at:
With almost 20% of world’s population and only about 6% of global freshwater resources, China’s water sector has been identified by the Chinese government as a high priority area for the 12th Five-Year Plan. With rapid urbanization and industrialization, China faces challenges from large population, limited water resources and deteriorative water environment. According to the PRC Ministry of Water Resources, “in the total of 663 cities in China, there are more than 400 cities suffer from water shortage problem, and above 110 cities are in severe water shortage”. The Chinese government has put effort to seek solutions to expand water supply, improve water use efficiency and promote environmental protection, whilst policymakers are also looking into economic tools such as pricing mechanisms and proper subsidies policy to balance benefits between investors and beneficiary. Such prioritisation and tools is also creating opportunities for EU SMEs active in this sector, but SMEs may find it challenging to access the right information and partners to develop a viable business plan.
Join Simon Spooner, EU SME Centre water sector expert and learn more about:
- Overview of China’s water sector, drivers, trends and regulatory structure;
- Opportunities for EU SMEs including but not limited to niche markets relevant to desalinization technologies, portable drinking water trucks, equipment and treatment, micro hydropower, etc;
- Challenges in the China water sector (e.g. pricing mechanisms, water distribution, wastewater treatment, etc.), also including main legal, market, finance and operational challenges;
- Case studies, conclusions and tips as well as other practical information on exhibitions, associations, references, tools and initiatives relevant to this sector.
How can opportunities outweigh challenges in China's water sector?
Tuesday, July 30, 2013
10:00 AM - 11:00 AM CEST
After registering you will receive a confirmation email containing information about joining the Webinar.
Required: Windows® 7, Vista, XP or 2003 Server
Required: Mac OS® X 10.6 or newer
Required: iPhone®, iPad®, Android™ phone or Android tablet